Sunday 25 October 2009

Warsaw, Poland




I headed to Warsaw after Krakow, which was quite a big difference.  Warsaw has much more of a big city feel, much more commerical, but still has some old time feel as well.  I had one full day in Warsaw, so I tried to make the most of it and I think I achieved that.  I spent most of the day in the Old Town section of Warsaw, which was 80% rebuilt after WWII, but its hard to tell.  The buildings look as if they have been there for over a hundred years.  Warsaw did have some damn good Polish pastries, not as good as my mom's though.  Joe Biden was also in the city at the same time, so there was much more of a police presence around.  Much more than what was needed.  Since Warsaw is the capital of Poland, there are a lot of historical references and monuments through out the city.  The night shot is at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers  Warsaw was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment