Friday 30 October 2009

Frankfurt, Germany


I pinned myself in Northern Poland and was looking for a change of scenery, so I looked for a cheap flight out of Poland, which was Frankfurt, Germany.  Frankfurt was not on my list of places to see, but why not check it out anyway.  Frankfurt was pretty interesting, its a financial hub where more people commute into the city everyday than actually live there.  I stayed in a nice hostel in an "interesting" part of the city.  It was here that I saw someone shooting up with heroin for the first time in my life.  The hostel was located in the "Red Light" district as well as across the street from a methadone clinic, still a nice hostel to stay at though.  Sachsenhausen, a neighborhood in Frankfurt, across the river from the city was a nice place to spend a day.  I toured the architecture museum and wondered around the town, trying out some apfelwein (apple wine).  Frankfurt is making a strong effort to be a "Green" city, especially with their high rise buildings.  Check out the picture to the left and the statues below the columns that appear to be holding up the building, pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Are you developing a fascination with Red Light Districts?

    ReplyDelete