Thursday 15 October 2009

Hamburg, Germany 10/7 - 10/8







I made a stop in Hamburg, Germany for about a day and a half.  Not much of original Hamburg is left after WWII.  I spent most of my time exploring in the Hafen City district of Hamburg which is pretty much a small planned out city on the harbor of Hamburg.  They are building this city on a 5 year schedule starting in 2007 and finishing in 2012, I think they will make it.  On the edge of Hafen City is the Speicherstadt, an old warehouse district interconnected between canals once used by boats to load and off load goods.  The architecture is awesome, the best I have seen yet.  Its off to Berlin after Hamburg.  Pictured are two modern buildings, the building with the steeple is City Hall (Rathaus), some Speicherstadt buildings and view of the harbor from a water taxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment