Sunday 22 November 2009

Vienna, Austria 11/5 - 11/7


From Cesky Krumlov, I took a bus to Vienna, Austria, where I stayed for 3 nights.  Vienna was a nice city, but not a place that grabbed my attention, but still interesting to explore.  I decided to check out the Spanish Riding School on the first day with two other people that I met.  We caught a practice session, which is a school for white stallion horses.  The training session was enough to satisfy my curiosity.  After a long day of walking around, we decided to check out a few local establishments and naturally wondered into a place called the "Bier Factory."  This place happened to be home to the 2kg (approx. 4 lb.) hamburger, a challenge that we, me and 2 other guys, decided to take on and successfully conquer.  
Vienna had a nice open
 air market on Saturday, which was a great place to grab a cup of coffee to warm up as well as enjoy some people watching.  Another site that I enjoyed was seeing the Hunder
twasserhause, it has no historical reference, just an interesting building with unique architectural features.  From Vienna, I headed to Budapest, Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment