Tuesday 8 December 2009

Cordoba, Spain




Next stop on the Andalusia route was Cordoba, Spain.  I was not here for very long, about a day total, but I felt that was enough.  One of the main sites to see here is the Mezquita, which is a cathedral that was originally built as a mosque.  You cannot really tell from the outside, but once you enter the cathedral, it is very interesting to see how two religions were once in the same building, not at the same time though.  Cordoba is a nice little city, it is full of narrow, winding streets that you can easily get lost in while wondering around.  The weather was perfect the day I was there, but it was not expected to stay that way, so I decided to catch a bus to Sevilla, Spain the following day.    

I am writing right now from Lisbon, Portugal.  The weather is pretty mild, a t-shirt and light jacket is more than comfortable.  I have been traveling for 75 days and have 14 days remaining in my trip.  Ill head to Madrid, Spain via a night train on 12/9.  I hit a bit of a wall and have been taking it easy the last couple of days, regrouping for the last two weeks of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long already! I sure do hope you have your cold weather clothes handy...whut whut :-)

    ReplyDelete